Friday, December 12, 2008

Life as a Sophmore...So Far

When the school year first began, I was not sure if being in high school was so great. Ever since the first day of school, I have been assigned excessive amounts of homework each night. The homework is not very difficult, but the amount assigned is a little overboard. Some of my classes have turned out to be quite difficult as well. I struggle everyday to receive good grades in Chemistry, but the tests are extremely hard.

Not all high school life is dreadful though. The amount of extracurricular activities and clubs have doubled since my three years in junior high. I joined many clubs, six to be exact. I like the fact that the club meetings are during lunch. The lunch time meetings provide more time to discuss projects that are happening within each club. Some of my classes may have turned out difficult, but others are unthinkably easy. My Spanish class and my geometry class are two classes that I never dread going to. I have very good teachers for all of my classes which makes even the difficult classes seem easier.

All in all, high school is not as fun as everybody says, nor is it as difficult. I was lucky to receive great teachers who will always help me, and my friends are even greater.

No comments: